Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Larkspur Cove by Lisa Wingate


I recieved Larkspur Cove by Lisa Wingate from Bethany House Publishers to read and review. I was so excited to find that it was such an interesting read! And no I am not just giving it an A+ because I got it for free! So here are my thoughts and review of the book...There are two main characters: Andrea Henderson, an emotional and stubborn social worker, who moves back to her childhood summer home in Moses Lake with her son to start over after her divorce; and Mart McClendon, a tough game warden who can't let his past stay behind him. Add in a quiet little girl who has recently been seen with the towns unsociable hermit and let the search for her identity begin! This book weaves romance and drama beautifully together making it hard to put this book down! I also loved the bits of wisdom from a "wisdom wall" at a the Waterbird Bait and Grocery(an actual store in Moses Lake, Texas!) that were put in at the beginning of each chapter, it added some humor into the book and I ended up writing some of them down in my journal(yes I do have a journal ;). Anyways, here is one of the amusing little quotes "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut." So if you get the chance to get this book for your kindle, ipad, iphone, or even the oldschool paperback you will not be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment