Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh the Weather outside is Frightful....

I must say as much as I am disliking this extremely cold front that has come to the Sunshine State, it almost makes me get into more of the Christmas spirit. I grew up in Michigan so this is my first December with no snow and weather above freezing! But cold weather makes for a great time for staying inside and enjoying Christmas songs, baking, snuggling up to classic Christmas movie, etc. So today is a wonderful day, my darling little 3 yr old, Callie, and I are going to be doing some Christmas baking(my 1 yr old Charlotte will be the taste tester ;)...think puppy chow(or muddy buddies), sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and whatever else we can find time for!! I really want my daughters to grow up cherishing these times where she loves helping out her mommy baking. It really is the most adorable thing when Callie comes up to me in her little apron and her own little oven mitt and says "the cookies are done!" I am feeling so blessed this CHRISTmas, leave it to a child to remind us of what it's really about. The other day Callie was on the phone with her Grandma and she was asking Callie what she asked santa for this Christmas, she said a bike. Grandma asked anything else? Callie responded, I want a little gift for Trent*(name has been changed, one of her friends) and he can come over and we can share a present. I loved this, because we all could use the reminder that even though it is okay to want things for yourself, it is so much more rewarding to give and share with others!! I saw this amusing quote the other day and thought you might enjoy it...
"When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?" ~G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment