Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tis the season to be jolly!!

Tis the season to be jolly!  Today was just a nice and relaxing saturday so I thought it would be fun to catch up on my dvr list.  Somehow this show, the HALO awards show was recorded so I watched it where I learned this devastating fact about human trafficking(child slaves).  Now I have been aware of this discusting "business" for a while, but I guess I never realized how big it really is.  I can't remember the exact number but we're talking this is billions of dollars made every year(think more than Google and Starbucks COMBINED) on these poor children forced into slavery.  It showed pictures of some of the poor children who hardly have any clothes and are being made into child prostitutes and slaves.  This got me thinking....here we are stressing out about things that just look small and petty compared to this when we should be happy and grateful for the things that we do have!  It's amazing how little things can just turn your day and mind set right around!  So this holiday season if you find yourself thinking, I wish I had more money, more this and that...Please think about this and be appreciative you have a nice warm home, food, clothing, family, friends and LOVE because some of these children may never live to experience having any of the above!  Tis the season to be jolly for all the wonderful people/things/etc you have in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment